Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2012-03-29

Magnetic Blackberry

My Blackberry is magnetic, it attracts loose coins in my handbag that stick to the pouch with some force.

My Samsung is not noticeably magnetic. My husband''s Sonim is not noticeably magnetic. Surely there should be regulations to which cellphone manufacturers have to comply regarding the magnetism of the device?

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

The Blackberry pouch/holster is magnetic so that the phone can "read" when it is placed inside; the effect is harmless and I'm not aware there are regulations about it. It's best not to place cards with magnetised strips next to the pouch though as they might possibly be affected.