Question
Posted by: Dorpie | 2010/07/12

Mafura ( Fats

I have started eating fruits, veges and a bit of protein and diary and also drinkin water with lemon...

Does drinking water with slices of lemon help to reduce weight?

i am a size 38 and i my weight is 174 LBS = 79kgs. if i adjust to this healthy eating style and use a skipping rope for 30 min,5 days in week will i manage to loose 9 kgs end of September?

i also have got an old health walker, dont know if it can help or need to buy the modern one?
Your response is highly appreciated

Dear Dorpie
Drinking water with slices of lemon or lemon juice will not cause fat loss, but if your adjusted diet contains fewer kilojoules than you need for your daily energy requirement and your skipping uses up additional kJ then you should lose weight. Compare what you are eating with the energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) on this Website. This diet combined with 30 min of skipping a day should result in a loss of between 0,5 and 1 kg per week and there are 7 weeks between the present and the beginning of September, so I would surmise that you can lost about 7 kg by the start of September. If the old health walker still functions and you sometimes want to use it instead of skipping to prevent boredom, then by all means do so, but don't spend extra money on equipment because skipping is an excellent aerobic exercise which promotes weightloss.
Good luck with the programme

1

Dear Dorpie
Good luck with the programme