Question
Posted by: Benny | 2011/04/28

Madication for over-masturbation

Hi Doc, I been masturbating ever since I was 15 like 3-5 times a week, now I''m 28 and I still masturbate. My problem is that now, I dont have erections(incl. morning erection) anymore, my penis has shrunk and I do not feel like having sex anymore. When I masturbate I use porn movies for my penis to be erect. I just want to know doc...Is there a cure or medication that I can take to cure damages done by over-masturbation.

Erectile problems may occur for a number of possible reasons, the most problematic of all could be serious health issues and so you need to have a physical check up - especially as you have mention you no longer have healthy morning erections, it is worth excluding serious physcial problems (this could include cardiovascular difficulties - so don't mess with this, have a physical check up!)

If all is well on the physical front, it is likely that the difficulty is explained by a psychological block - e.g. fear of sexual failure/poor performance (e.g. losing erection, ejaculating too quickly. Psychological factors like this essentially block the normal working of the sexual response and can be addressed through work with an experienced professional.

There are treatment options for ED - both pharmaceutical and psychosexual.

As a first recommendation - have a physical check up by GP and tell him/her about your erection difficulties at the beginning of the consultation (not as a last comment as many men do!) so that his/her assessment is geared towards this issue. If you gets the all clear, then see a health professional with experience in this area. Contact the SASHA (South African Sexual Health Association) helpline Tel -0860 100 262 for referral.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/04/29

Reply to Sexologist