Posted by: ginger | 2008-11-18

made to resign

I was made to sign a resignation letter that was done by my boss but, i was not aware that it was a resignation letter. My employer told me i can not read the letter, as i wanted to take it home for somebody to look at it first before i sign it and then fax it to him. I was then told if i dont sign i will be fired within 3days,(still not knowing it was a resignation letter). he then used abusive language, as that is how he speaks to all his staff members. II was then not given moneys outstanding to me when i was told to go.(have been at this company for 8months) I have now gone to the CCMA as i feel it was a setup by him, this is how he operates as i was told by staff when he wants to get rid of people. Now i have gone for interviews and the company is saying i was a bad worker, which is not true. I did tell CCMA i did not know that is was a resignation letter i signed and want to be reinstated.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Made to resign

You certainly can go to the CCMA on "Constructive Dismissal". You need to prove that you were forced to resign or that you really didn't understand it. It would be useful if you could find a witness who could show that you were not allowed to take it away.

Posted by: xoxo | 2008-11-20

Why would you want to go back to a company where the boss was abusive and underhanded? It will definately not get any better. Your employer will just ensure he goed about the proper way in dismissing you. Why not wait and see what the CCMA had to say, course of action as there was no substansive and procedural fairness in your ' dismissal' , so to speak/

When going for an interview and you are required to hand in references, refrain from providing them any contact details of your previous employer or if possible, provide them the name of a manager who know you, the quality of your work etc?

Reply to xoxo