Question
Posted by: Gina | 2009/11/25

Maag &  middel

Ek is 24jarige vrou, van nature skraal, maar sal myself klassifiseer as ' n peervormige lyf. Ek het ' n paar kilo' s om te verloor (+- 4). Ek het nooit gesukkel om gewig te verloor oor my maag nie en nooit ' lovehandles'  gehad nie. Ek oefen minstens 5keer ' n week vir ' n uur lank deur ongeveer 7km te stap. Doen ook sit-ups en oefeninge by die huis. Volg ' n gebalanseerde dieet &  baie gesondheidsbewus, alhoewel ek nou en dan oortree! Deesdae kry ek dit net nie reg om oor my maag gewig te verloor nie. Dit voel of alles op my maag,middel en rug gaan sit. Wat het verander? aangesien my boude &  bobene voorheen die probleemareas was, is dit nou my maag. ENige raad / hulp asb dr? dankie

Hi Gina

It does get more and more difficult, I won't lie to you. As we get older, hormone levels change, and it gets more difficult to combat this problem, which is very common.

You're already doing the right TYPE of training with your walking. The volume is also good, an hour is great, and five times a week is good. The only area where I can suggest a change is in the intensity. Perhaps what you need to aim for is to actually do 8km in that hour, by walking faster, or by mixing running with walking. And then 9km in the hour, by running more, and maybe even eventually aiming to run for the hour.

If you can increase the intensity, it will go a long way towards helping burn more energy. I've often found that higher intensity training is the most effective way to cause changes.

Other than this, keep up the sit-ups, although they don't really help lose fat, they help tone the muscle underneath.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/25

Hi Gina

Reply to fitnessdoc