Posted by: SB | 2011-11-29

Mé niè re''s disease?

Hi there. I am a 28 year old woman. I recently went to the GP for a sore throat that wouldnt go away. This was a new GP that I went, not my normal one. He had a look at throat and ears, asked a few questions about dizziness and balance and the declared that I have Mé niè re''s disease?! My question - can a diagnosis be made like that, on the fly? Is it worth my time getting a second opinion? I am generally a very stressed person and i often experience, anxiety together with nausea and dizziness. I am a bit clumsy too, but again, that could be just stress or me not having good core strength... What is your opinion? Oh, another thing - i have gotten quite a few ear infections in recent years but couldnt that just be sinus related issues?

The diagnosis of Menieres disease can be made with complaints and medical history. Your doctor can request a MRI scan to exclude other possibilities. This disease can be lifelong but there is suitable medication on the market to control the disease. Refer to the following link for detailed information: