Posted by: abby | 2010-10-24

lymphoma/breast cancer

I am so afraid that i could have lymphoma or breast cancer. I have a mammogram booked, but if they find nothing, how do I convince a doctor to check me for lymphoma. And should I? There seems to be some controversy about whether to look for cancer or to wait for it to start affecting your health, because we all have cancer sleeping inside us. My symptoms are itchy patches (nothing to see) on my back, breast and armpits, slightly swollen armpit glands, maybe breasts lumps, some fatigue- I need at least 8 hours sleep a night to function properly, hot flushes, night sweats, very mild anaemia. I wish someone could tell me this is not cancer but just some infection..I am female, 60, no womb, no hrt. And if they find something, I am terrified of chemotherapy- I believe that it poisons the body and damages the organs and only slows down the cancer, if anything at all. What other treatments are there?

You are really getting ahead of yourself and I am certain that a doctor will be able to set your mind at ease after a proper examination and special tests.