Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010/10/06

Lyme Disease

my husband has been diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease. We have been to numerouse doctor''s and specialists, none of who have ever treated this disease and are therefore at a loss on how to treat it. Is there anyone in SA who has treated this diseas, or knows about the treatment.

Many thanks

Hallo Lisa
Lyme disease is curable with antibiotics but some patients have a residual arthritis due to an auto immune response. This needs to be treated by a rheumatologists. Where do you live?

2
Posted by: Liz | 2010/11/19

Lisa, if you are still looking for a doctor, I can recommend Dr Maxwell, a neurologist at Sandton Clinic. He treated my son for lyme disease three years ago.

Reply to Liz
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/06

Hallo Lisa