Posted by: Wit' s end | 2008-11-13

I'  ve got a son 10 years of age - We'  ve taken him to phsycologist, psychiatrist and "  arbeidsterapeute"  for assistance but no luck - When he goes for the treatments he would be the "  perfec"  son and they will find nothing wrong - He stole over R3000.00 in the last year where he admitted guilt from the school (photo money, tour money, kids pocket money etc.) He stole a lot of money out of our wallets in the past year - he dodges the alarm to steel from the kitchen at night - he lies with a straight face, manupulates and cries a lot to make you feel sorry for him - next day he will steal and lie again. We tried with the school to assist in searching his bag every morning and afternoon when he goes home but he stopped going to the principal'  s office. He is too young to go to Boys Town - we have no clue what to do here - HELP !!!!

Expert ImageTeen expert

If you find that he does not tell the truth when in individual therapy I would suggest you consider family therapy where everyones concerns can be discussed together.

Take a look at the Family Asociations website who offer family therapy at

You may also want to consider a further psychiatric assessment with a view to inpatient treatment. This should be with a registered Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist