Question
Posted by: NM | 2010/07/19

Lying girlfriend

Hi, my girlfriend for three years sometimes lies to me about her where abouts. It is the 3rd time its happening now. On Saturday I booked her in for a spa treatment that started in the morning untill about 4pm. She called me and said she was going to relax at home. When I called in the evening she did not answer her phone, she had gone to a party with her two cousins. I borrowed her my car to use for a while. She then asked her brother to lie to me and say he is not home if I tried to call him wanting to talk to her. When I called her cousin, the one she had gone with to the party, she lied and said they were not together. Today she tells me she lied because she did not want to tell me that she is out late with my car. The other time she had gone out with some other guy and lied as well. I love this lady but I get so hurt when I find out that she is lying to me. I need your advice

Sounds like you are spoiling her with treats and favours - does she do the same for you, or is she entirely a Receiver and a User ? I hear that you love her, and you show it in your actions. I don't hear anything that suggests she loves you ( or anyone except herself ), and her behaviour, as you describe it, does not suggest love.
Think seriously about whether she deserves our love

5
Posted by: jones | 2010/07/22

I agree with Dude and Maraya. If you are patient , her time will run out. You will not even need to make an effort to actually catch what she is up to, but in the meantime it will eat you. If you have been a good boyfriend , when you decide its time up and you know u did everything right , you will be very fine and wish you had run earlier. Its a common trend that you show someone how much you love them with all you have , they misconstue that for foolishness and play you around

Reply to jones
Posted by: Dude | 2010/07/19

Its similar to my situation as well. the lies and cover ups from friends etc....we were together for 3 years as well....turns out she was seeing someone else....for a prettly long time while we were together

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Dude | 2010/07/19

Its similar to my situation as well. the lies and cover ups from friends etc....we were together for 3 years as well....turns out she was seeing someone else....

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Maraya | 2010/07/19

Hi, I once had the same experience, years ago. One of the hardest things to do is to be honest with ourselves. Human nature I suppose because the truth hurts. I eventually left and now 12 years later I am happily married for 9 years with 3 beautiful girls and a husband that adores me. I think you ultimately know what to do but you''re afraid. It never easy letting go of something and someone that you love, however, love is not suppose to hurt, destroy trust, self worth and confidence.

Reply to Maraya