Question
Posted by: Worried | 2009-09-19

Lust

Dear CS
I am a 43 year old woman. Have been separated for the past 2 years. These days i am suffering from extreem horniness and am worried about that as I am a christian. I love the Lord and am afraid of him. I know that the bible condems lust but I am not sure if there is a difference between natural horniness and lust. Please help as I really am struggling with this issue.

I don't do biblicalm or religious discussions here, for obvious reasons. But doesn't the "lust" your bible condemns have to do with seeing other people in solely sexual terms, and with tawdry sexual conduct, rather than the naural horniness which is a part of how we are made ? Seek a level-headed, non-fanatical person of your faith with whom you can discuss this, to get the point of view of another good person within your own faith

4
Posted by: Wise Owl | 2009-09-20

I would say that you must feel free tio use whatever imagination you deem necessary to achieve your ends. That simply cannot be a sin. Marriage and One Night Stands are out of the question to solve this issue, as they can only bring heartache, disappointment and can be dangerous if done on a casual basis. Just go ahead and do it with a clear conscience and see how better you feel afterwards. Go for it and enjoy !

Reply to Wise Owl
Posted by: Worried | 2009-09-20

Thank you Wise Owl for the response. I must say I am queite relieved if you say its not my fault that I am feeling this way. Coming to the issue of dealing with the problem. Can anyone do self pleasuring without using the imagination and thus sinning? I really am struggling. I don' t want to end up getting married just to address the nature issue. Please advise once again.

Reply to Worried
Posted by: Wise Owl | 2009-09-20

Being horney is quite natural. The Lord gave you the hormones that create the state of being horney, so how can that be wrong? Don' t equate LUST with being HORNEY. There are many quite acceptable methods to deal with your problem in the privacy of your bedroom, find out more about it and go for it. No one is going to blame you. The whole question of guilt that you are feeling stems from a misguided sense of decency that mothers instill in their daughters in an attempt to supress natural feelings. Its not a healthy approach.

Reply to Wise Owl
Posted by: worried | 2009-09-19

Thanks for the quick response. I will try to seek advice elsewhere and sorry for asking for advice in the area you do not work in. My reason for seeking your advice is due to fear of judgement from my fellow christians. I felt save in the idea that you will be " neutral"  and advice me as a natural person.
Thanx

Reply to worried