Question
Posted by: Jeni | 2008/08/14

Lupus

I was dignosed 2 months ago with Lupus after mu finger had a painful swelling. I do not have much information as my doctore told me results over the phone and offered no time to discuss further. He faxed me a prescription of Plasmoquin and Cetebrees- to take for six months before I see him again. Going through google to learn about the condition, I was terrified and overhwelmed. I came across an author named Stacey Becker ' I Don' t Have Lupus Anymore' , who promised healing Lupus through her practical guide Ebook.

Are her claims true? Please help me!. I want to be the expert of my own condition so that I can defeat it. I have three daughters- the youngest 5 month old. I need to stay well to see them grow, but the depression is setting in as a result of no professional support.

I wouldn't believe a single word that author says --- Lupus is NOT cured or relieved by that sort of method. It is a grossly inadequate standard of care for a doctor to give you such a diagnosis over the phone without then seeing you and discussing in detail what the condition is, what the outlook is, and what your treatment options are. I think you should make an appointment to see a good Internist ( a specialist in internal / general medicine ) either in private practice or in the Dept of Medicine at your nearest medical school, to confirm the diagnosis and to get the detailed advice you deserve and need. You must insist on proper professional support, and should change to a different, and more compassionate and effective doctor

2
Posted by: JACK | 2008/08/17

LOOK UP SEVENPOINTFIVE (HE WAS A LUPUS SUFFERER.

Reply to JACK
Posted by: naked nun | 2008/08/14

Why don' t you go for a second opinion to a more compassionate doctor that you can see in PERSON and then decide?Also try to gather as much information as you possibly can about the illness so that you can manage it and your life as best as you can. I also think (although i' m not a professional person) that depression would more likely cause your daughters to grow up without a mom than lupus would. SO fight the blues!!! for yourself and your children to whom you are the world. hugggs

Reply to naked nun