Question
Posted by: Yolanda Krige | 2012/05/15

Lungs

I just want to know if there is any health risks when x-rays of my lungs show that they are hyperinflated?
I am tired all the time and must exercise, but just can''t get to it.
I ''m using a nasal spray and cortisone inhaler for the shortness of breath and tightness feeling in my chest.

Yolanda

Yolanda

I suggest that you consult a pulmonologist for an opinion, examination and treatment. The hyperinflation can be due to bronchial spasm, causing entrapment in the lungs, thus giving the appearance of hyperinflated lungs. The pulmonologist will be more than capable to give the correct treatment.