Question
Posted by: Cough | 2008/11/25

LUNGS

Hey. Recently my lungs and my breast gets this strong striking pain. It comes and goes. Sometimes I feel like I need to cough, but I don' t really cough Like I' m sick. It' s sometimes very painfull, and my lungs feel irritated. I don' t smoke and I exercise often, what can it be???

Dear Cough
If you don't have a cold or flu and you don't smoke, you need to have your lungs looked at - I think you should at least have a doctor physically examine you and do a x/ray to exclude underlying infections or lung disease. It may just be an inflammation of the pleura of the lungs or even inflammation of the muscles between the ribs, but I think you need to make sure.