Question
Posted by: Bev | 2012/08/28

Lung Pain

Dear Dr.
For the past 3 years I have been suffering with a pressure like dull pain in the upper half of my right lung. I am 42 years old and have in the past had many doses of anti biotics and steriods to treat this pain - mostly diagnosed as Bronchitis. They all work well but only for the duration of the treatment, then the pain returns. X-rays all show NAD.

I am always tired and friends at work often comment that I look really tired even after sleeping for 9 hours the night before.

The probelm is made worse by exercise and if I exercise on a day the next day I will have a productive caugh and feel worse.

I am taking Simbicord and IP Vent as it was thought at one time that I had asthma. A specialist since then has ruled that out. The pulmary specialist has found nothing wrong with me.

An allergic specialist put me on IP vent which has at least stopped my lung infections caused by a constant post nasal drip.

My own GP has now ruled that my lung pain and fatigue is psychosamatic and sent me to a Psychologist. Which is fine I suppose I could relax a little (and I am seeing a psychologist), it deos not explain though how I can cough up so much phlem every morning. I feel that my GP has now stopped listening to me.

Right now my checst feels tight and I feel like I could sleep for a week. I have a full life and want to exercise once a day, right now its impossible.

Bev

I suggest that you reconsult a pulmonologist for a second or third opinion. Unfortunately, there is nothing else that I can suggest. A visit to an ENT specialist is also advisable, as a chronic sinusitis, with a post nasal drip can cause your symptoms, including poor quality of sleep, due to blocked nasal passages.

2
Posted by: Justin | 2012/09/09

I am having pains periodically right inside the left side of my chest. Please tell me what this could be and what needs to be done about it. I have been the hospital and afer xrays and body scan, the doctor said that nothing abnormal was found, but the pains won''t go away, especially when I twist, move my upper body or sleep in certain positions

Reply to Justin
Posted by: BEEN THERE | 2012/09/03

WHY DON" T YOU SUGGEST THE PULMONOGIST ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE A CAT SCAN ( AN MRI) AS THAT OUGHT TO PICK UP WHATEVER THE PROBLEM IS ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU HAVE HAD IT FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS.
I HAD A SIMILAR THING AND IT WAS PICKED UP AFTER I HAD THE SCAN .

Reply to BEEN THERE