Question
Posted by: Worried | 2011-04-08

Lung cancer-non-smoker

My female friend who is a non smoker was diagnosed with TB meningitis last year August and she had a constant cough. Last week she started coughing blood,she was struggling to breath and her face was swollen and she was admitted in hospital. She has now been diagnosed with Lung cancer. What are the chances of survival ? How possible is that a non-smoker gets lung cancer?

Please be so kind as to advise what type of lung cancer she was diagnosed with, in order for me to supply you with an informed answer. On receipt of your reply, the matter will receive my further attention.