Question
Posted by: Marinda | 2013/01/31

Lung

Can I exercise after having procedure done to 3 AVM''s in my left lung?

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Marinda

You don’t mention how long ago you had procedure done on your left lung, and I would be guided by the surgeon who did the operation. However, after a reasonable recovery period, say three months, it should be perfectly in order to start exercising again. Your doctor may arrange an exercise test for you before you start exercising, and please remember that after a big operation and prolonged inactivity you will inevitably have lost condition, so start exercising at a low level and build up gradually.

Best wishes, JT