Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2008/07/22

Lunch Time....?

Hi Doc!

I was just wondering what could i have for lunch that is quick to get, VERY healthy that wont make me pick up weight and that is filling...., as my time is very limited!

Than You
Kind Regards
Wayne

Dear Wayne
Eat rye or seedbread sandwiches with lean meat, fish, fat-free cottage cheese (cottage cheese comes in very tasty flavours) or a boiled egg, a bowl of salad and some fruit. This would give you a balanced meal that is rich in protective nutrients and should not make you fat. Because you say that you don't have much time at lunch you will have to plan your shopping carefully so that you can grab your lunch from the fridge (make it the night before) and rush off to work. Hopefully you have a fridge at work where you can store it. If this type of lunch is too cold at present, buy or make vegetable soup and have it with rye or seedbread, followed by a fruit or yoghurt afterwards. You can keep soup warm in a thermos or heat it up with a microwave if you have such equipment at work.
Enjoy