Question
Posted by: wondering | 2008/11/24

Lumps/Boils

Hi Doc,

I have a problem that I hope you can help me pinpoint what it is. Usually when somebody else has used my deodorant (roll-on), I get a lump on my armpits, once its close to healing, I then get it just below my waistline almost by the vaginal area. What could be causing this? Do I need to see a Dr about this?

Dear Wondering
You should not share roll on if possible - you can get germs from other people. These type of infections are caused by Staphilococ bacteria. Bactroban oiment will help. If it makes an abcess you may need oral antibiotics