Posted by: Anon | 2011-04-15

Please can you help me. I frequently get lumps in between my leg and my private area. Its very painful and sometimes they get very big. 4 years ago I was admitted into hospital by my GP to have them surgerically drained. At the time it was as big as a golf ball.

Over the past couple of years I have many and they get so big that I have to visit the GP frequently to lance them to get some pain releif.

Lately, I''ve been getting them very often. One will go away (or pop on its own) and then the next one will appear a few days later. It is getting very uncomfortable and painful. What is the cause and how can I treat this?

The cause of your chronic abscesses is usually due to a bacterial infection. Your doctor should put you on an extended course of antibiotics for at least a period of six months. Please ask your doctor to do an analysis (MC&S) of the wounds to determine the cause for the chronic infection.

Posted by: JAn | 2011-04-15

Its called Hidranitus Supiritiva

Google it there are alot of forums and discussion groups, i also suffer from time to time.

Unfortunately there is no know cure yet.

Good Luck

Reply to JAn