Posted by: lumps | 2011-05-24

lumps on fingers

For some time I have had a small pink firm lump on the knuckle of my middle finger nearest to the fingernail. It has in recent months grown to the size of approx 6mm diameter. It is not painful and is perfectly clean and sealed- no head or crusting of any sort. Today I noticed that similar lumps are starting to grow on six other fingers, on the same knuckle on every finger. What can this be? Does it require treatment?

This can be the indication of an arthritis. There are close to 100 inflammatory processes that can cause arthritis with the sign of growth or thickening of joints.

Consult your doctor for blood tests and x-rays, in order to get a clear picture of what it can possibly be.

I will love to hear about the outcome.