Question

Lump under skin

I have a lump underneath my skin on my shin which moves around when I touch it. Should I go to see a dermatologist or a normal GP and should I be concerned about it. It is not sore to the touch and has been there for about three months now.

Expert ImageArchive

Once again it is impossible to make an 'online' diagnosis, however the most likely diagnosis from your description would be a lipoma (fatty cyst). These are completely benign and rarely need to be removed unless they are cosmetically unattractive or interfere with clothing (bra straps, belts etc.).

Patients very often have multiple lipomas, so you may find more developing and vthey can become quite large.

Gettng a confirmed diagnosis is always a good thing and seeing your GP would be fine.

Kevin