Posted by: Diane | 2011-09-06

Lump under mole

My hubby has fair skin and has lots of moles, but recently he noticed a lump under one (normal mole - no change) on his back of arm. It is giving him some discomfort, not all the time but it does pain. It is about the size of a 5c coin. A while ago he fell on his elbows and I was wondering if it could be bursitis? Although it is about 4 fingers up from the elbow. Or is it something else related to the mole?
Can the lump be cancerous?
Many Thanks

It is possible that he has a lyphoma that has formed underneath the mole. This is a collection of fatty tissue and is not dangerous. He should however, consult his doctor for an examination and possible excision if warranted.

Posted by: Diane | 2011-09-09

Thank you Dr Anrich.

Reply to Diane