Question
Posted by: Vicky Tankard | 2012/04/10

Lump on left ankle

I have a lump that has come up on my left ankle bone, it doesnt move and it feels like it is attached to the bone.
Its hard and sticks out but when i squeeze round it, it feels more like a hard lump as oppose to a piece of bone, it aches and a bit sore as well and I have an ultrasound on the 28th April, there was no trauma to the ankle and i am walking normally, should i be overly alarmed about it?

Vicky

You should not be overly alarmed. I suggest that you wait for the results of the ultrasound. It can be a cyst that has formed in one of the tendons on the ankle, which can be treated surgically.