Question
Posted by: Hazel | 2011-05-26

Lump on labia

I have discovered a lump on the inside of my labia. It feels like a large, hard pimple. Although it isn''t sore, it is sensitive when I rub it. What could this be - its freaking me out?

It could be a cyst of the Bartholin's gland which is in that area. Have your gynae check it out.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-05-30

Posted by: Debbie | 2011-05-27

I had the same problem. I went to the gyne and they had it removed. Although they gave me an option, as its not really a medical problem, but if i''m embarrassed or if it gives me problems i could have it removed, which i did.

The only problem i experienced after having it removed, was, if its not done properly it might come out again and the second time around it might have pain associated with it. So if you have it removed, go directly to a surgeon who knows whats he/she is doing.

Reply to Debbie