Question
Posted by: Janks | 2012/05/09

Lump on jack russel

My dog has a lump near her leg. It is under the skin. It is not bleed or like a sore, it is just a lump. It has been there for more than a year and it isn''t getting bigger or changing in colour but it is harder sometimes and other times softer. It is about half the size of a golf ball. She is energetic and not acting sick or anything. What could this lump be and what should we do?? It is the same colour as her skin and almost never red. She is about 7 years old

Hi Janks

If you want to detained what the mass is then I would advise that you go to your local vet and have him/her do a fine needle aspirate and then look at the cytology to identify the lesion.
Your veterinarian will be able to advise on the cytology results as to wether or no you should remove the lesion or not.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/05/21

Hi Janks

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet