Question
Posted by: Frank | 2010/08/31

Lump on eyelid

I have a red pimple like lump on my upper eyelid very close to the lashes. Its like a stye, but i do not think its a stye. Its been there for a couple of weeks now. Its not painful. My pharmacist prescribed chloramex ointment - this has made no difference.

I am 1.5 months on roaccutane - not sure if this might be a cause.

Should i see a dermatologist or some kind of eye specialist? Any other advice on treating this.

Dear Frank
It may be a Meibom cyst that needs draining (blockage of one of the small fat glands on the eyelid) An Opthalmologist will be able to do this for you