Posted by: Colleen | 2009-09-10

Lump on back of neck

About 3 days ago i discovered a small lump on the back of my neck (on the left side at the hairline just under the skin). It didn' t bother me at first as i was only aware of it when i touched it, it was just a little bit sensitive. Last night when i washed my hair i could feel it became alot more painful. It' s very painful now when i touch it and when i turn my head or sleep it' s also painful. My neck almost feel stiff because of the pain. It' s uncomfortable constantly and i also do have a constant headache today. The lump is hard and doesn' t move, it smaller then 1cm in diameter though. Im not sick or anything. I am under alot of stress though because im getting married in 2 weeks and i definitely don' t want a stiff or sore neck on my wedding. Please give me your advise on what it could be and what i should do?
Thanks so much!!

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Colleen

You should see your GP/ENT as a matter of urgency as examination is essential to establish a cause.

Posted by: John | 2009-09-16

See a Dr / spesialist ASAP

Reply to John