Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2012/04/02

Lump on back

Hi, I''ve had this lump on my back for over two years, at first it was small and I thought it was a pimple, but it just stayed there and now has gone bigger. I''ve never felt discomfort before but recently, the side that the lump is on was painful and couldn''t lift my arm. Please could you tell me who I can go and see about this lump and if there is any concern that it could be cancerous. The lump is not that hard, but it''s a lump you can''t press out its pink in colour. Thank you.

It is most probably not cancerous but a collection of fatty tissue under the skin, called a lyphoma. You can consult your GP for an examination and treatment.