Question
Posted by: Really dont know | 2008-11-22

Lump on anal opening

Dear Doc,

I today discovered (in the shower) a " lump"  - or more of a hanging piece of flesh (sorry dont know how else to describe it) at the entrace to my anus. there is no pain but am really worried about this - it is quite large.

Dont know if any relation to this but for the past few months i have been getting large lumps on my bottom (on the cheecks) which are very hard, purple and so sore I cannot sit. They go away by themselves after awhile but then come back again (I remember my late Mom used to get them too).

I am so embarrased to go to the doctor with this so please help!!!

Many thanks.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It sounds like a pile and unfortunately, you will have to consult a doctor to have it surgically removed. If you do not get this removed, it can become hardened and very painful. The doctor will also prescribe anti-biotics for the hard pimples on your bum.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Really dont know | 2008-11-23

Dear Doc

Just want to say your advice and speedy response is much appreciated! Thank goodness for you &  the internet!

Well embarrassed or not I guess I' m going to the doctor.

Thanks for being on this forum and giving up your valuable time. It means a stack to people like me!

Reply to Really dont know