Posted by: Madelaine | 2011-11-21

Lump in throat

This is now exactly 3 weeks and 3 days since I had my appointment with the ENT that my GP referred me to, and I’ m still suffering the throat condition as explained before (I have “ globes pharynges” , caused by the tube that was put down the airway to prevent the blood from going into my lungs during the procedure, and this damaged the airway). He said there is no need for an ultrasound or scan.

All he did was checking my throat and also diagnosed “ globus”  and told me that it was caused by the tube which they had put down my throat in theatre, but the reason that it has not healed, is because of all the medication that I took then, and no solid foods. It caused acid in the stomach that irritates this lump all the time.

He suggested that I stay away from spicy foods, tomatoes, and any medication other than panado &  tramacet, and that I should take Nexiam daily for 2 weeks, and sleep on plenty pillows in order to get my head above my stomach, to prevent reflux. Well I did all this for more than 3 weeks and yet ABSOLUTELY NO IMPROVEMENT! This problem is affecting my whole life, my marriage, my personality everything!

Please please what next I desperately need help!!!

Thank you.

I truly sorry to learn about your condition. Your specialist has been treating you correctly and all I can suggest that you add Gaviscon Advanced, three times daily before meals to prevent reflux. Maybe you should extend the use of Nexiam for at least a period of three months.

Posted by: Madelaine Kirstein | 2011-11-22

Thank you Dr Anrich, I will definately try this. Please just tell me will this lump go away eventually or will it now be part of my life, because it is there for 4 months already, and I''ve been to 5 differrent ENT''s ??

Reply to Madelaine Kirstein