Question
Posted by: Ell | 2010/02/11

lump in the throat, under adams apple

Please help me, this morning i realised i have a lumpy feeling in my throat. I only feel it when swallowing something, even water. I tried bread and it was painful(not much) swallowing. What could it be? i'  m very concerned and even thinking it might be cancerous.

Hallo Ell
It needs further examination, although it is probably a spasm, it could be a narrowing due to irritation of the esophagus by acid that burnt it, or a growth. Ask your doctor to refer you to a gastroenterologist - they may do a barium swallow ( you drink white fluid and they take an x/ray) or gastroscopy ( flexible camera scope)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/11

Hallo Ell
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc