Question
Posted by: Marion | 2009-06-02

Lump in neck

Hi Doc, for a while now i have discovered a small lump about 2cm' s beneath my left ear to the right in my neck. It seems to be more prominent early in the mornings and then gradually goes down as the day progresses. Shoiuld i get it checked out. Its not painful, more like a swollen gland. thanks so much

Dear Marion
It is probably a swollen neck lymph gland - did you have a throat or ear infection or allergies lately? If it does not go away in about 4 weeks, rather let your doctor have a look - they may need to do a biopsy.