Question
Posted by: Lin | 2009-01-06

Lump in neck

I discovered a lump in my neck last night, oval shaped, about 2cm.
My left side of my body, from the lump downward feels numb, every time I touched it last night I felt numb.
There is also a burning sensation. This lump is under my skin.
What could this be as I do not want to go to the doctor over nothing as my baby gets ill often and every time I go to the doctor it is one time less she can go.
Should I be worried????

Dear Lin
a lump in the neck is most often a lymph gland. Enlarged lymphglands can be caused by an infection in the head and neck area, TB or cancer. As it is painful I think you need to see your doctor

1

I have pain in my neck and throat. It is stiff, sore and tender on my right side. Numb burning sensation in my hand. I did have a neck injury a few years ago. I also have calcification. Could it be this or something else?