Question
Posted by: Ann | 2012-11-25

Lump in labium majora

Dear Doc - Please help. In 2008 I noticed a small bump in my labium majora (right one), between the labium minora and labium majora but towards the vaginal opening, that I could feel whenever I strained to pass a stool. I say it was ''in'' the labium majora because it did not feel as though it was on the outside, but like it was coming from inside somewhere. Also, it disappeared when I got up from the loo. My GP couldn''t feel it when she investigated and did an internal exam. Over the years it has become much more pronounced, and is there with almost every bowel movement, but again, it has subsided, or ''gone in'' again when I come back to the loo to urinate at a later stage. So my gynaecologist also cannot find it. Do you have any idea what it could be? Do you know how it could ever be possible to show it to a doctor at the right time??
Thanks, kind regards
Ann

Ann

I am uncertain about the cause for the lump. If the gynaecologist did not pick up any abnormalities with an examination, I do not think that you have anything to be concerned about.