Question
Posted by: Karen | 2011/01/06

Lump in groin

Hi, I am a 46yr old female, I have developed this lump right in my groin, sometimes it subsides a bit and others it is quite priminent, it is about 1cm by 2cm in size. I can grab hold of it, at first I thought it may be the start of a boil but it is not. Is this something to worry about or just a blocked pore etc. Is a bit sore if pressed on. Thank you

Hallo Karen
It may be a swollen gland, or a sebaceous cyst or an ingrown hair causing low grade infection. Let your doctor have a look as it may need to be opened or removed.

2
Posted by: Claire | 2011/01/06

I would have it checked out by your gynae. It may be a hernia.

Reply to Claire
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/06

Hallo Karen