Posted by: Leah | 2009-02-11

Lump in Breast

I had a hysterctomy 2 yrs ago. I still have my ovaries. I have discovered a lump in my breast (size of a marble bottom left of nipple). My breasts are sore especially the one with a lump. As I no longer have a period I don' t know when is the best time to check my breasts. There is no family history of breast cancer and I had a similiar lump 3yrs ago and the mammogram was clear. Should I wait until my breast settle down (less sensitive) or should I have it checked out.

Dear Leah
If the lump does not wax and wane, or gets bigger and more tender with time, rather let your doctor have a look - it may be a cyst and may need draining or removal - they don't always need to do a another mammogram, they can maybe do a sonar of the area first.