Question
Posted by: diva | 2008/10/08

Lump behind ear.

Hi there, I have an extremely painful lump behind my right ear, the size of a jellytot almost. I have a mild, constant headache, and periods of intense earache. My ear feels blocked up and my throat is burny and sore. I also have a couple of tiny blister like things on my upper body. Last night one of them was itchy, and I scratched it open, without realising that there was something there. I' ve been feeling extremely tired the last few days, to the extent that I can' t keep my eyes open at work. Any suggestions? I don' t have a medical aid, and I cannot really afford to go to the doctor.

Dear Diva
It sounds as if you have an infectious disease ( blisters can be chicken pox or herpes zoster). Please go to your nearest provincial hospital outpatients if you can't afford to see a doctor but you need to be examined and treated before you develop complications.

1
Posted by: diva | 2008/10/09

Hi there, I went to the doctor this morning, I apparently have a mild case of chicken pox. He' s started me on a course of antibiotics and cortisone. Thankfully I have a boyfriend who says that you cannot put a price tag on your health! Take care.

Reply to diva