Question
Posted by: Sally | 2012/04/12

Lump and swelling in Vagina

Hello there Doc, You are the first person I ask, as it will be 3 weeks before my gynae can see me, so I am a bit freaked out &  needs some advice please. Just a short history, after a difficult pregnancy , which resulted in the prem c-section birth at 32 weeks of my last kid, 4 years a go, I struggled with cysts (diagnosis of PCOS was made) and after 2 laproscopic surgeries, I had a sterilisation and an ablation 2 years ago. After recovery, I had no more problems.

However, I woke up with a painful swelling on the left side of my vagina and I could feel a definite lump there. I do regular pelvic floor exercise, so I doubt it could be prolapse, I am worried about cancer. (as all women would be when they find a lump in their vagina!), please can you hep me with advice as to what else it could be?

Further information is that on 2 occasions I have seriously debilitating cramps. As I don''t have a period anymore, I thought the first one was a period cramp, but the second one that felt the same, happened about a week after my period.

Please can you give me some advice as to what this could be? I am worried and in pain!
regards

The lump in your vagina may be a Bartholin's cyst or blocked gland. It is difficult to say without an examination. The cramps could be uterine but could also be bowel. I would suggest that you see your doctor.

BEst wishes

1

BEst wishes