Question
Posted by: Worried gal | 2003/09/11

Q.

Lump and pain around left kidney area in back.

I recently got insurance and will be making an appointment real soon but was wondering if you might know what might be causing my problem. Right below my rib cage on the left side of my back I can feel a knot. Sometimes it is small but it always seems around the time of my period it becomes larger. Sometimes it is so painful that I can barely move. Some simple tasks like doing dishes become impossible when it is at its worst. I am scared and was wondering if this could be related to my period, ovaries, kidneys? Would you recommend making an appt. with my gyn or regular family Dr. I would appreciate any help! Thankyou.

Expert's Reply

A.

It sounds like it could be a muscular problem. See your GP first.

1
user comments

C.

Posted by: Worried gal | 2003/09/14

I want to thank you for your answer and let you know that I did make my appt. with my GP for next Friday! (first appt available) I REALLY don't feel like it is a muscular problem at all. . The knot or growth that I feel is definitely not a muscle but either a tumor or a cyst. I can tell you that it is very hard and painful when I touch it. I will be seeing my GP on Friday and will continue to worry until then. I have such a strong family history of cancer that it causes a little bit of I want to thank you for your answer and let you know that I did make my appt. with my GP for next Friday! (first appt available) I REALLY don't feel like it is a muscular problem at all. . The knot or growth that I feel is definitely not a muscle but either a tumor or a cyst. I can tell you that it is very hard and painful when I touch it. I will be seeing my GP on Friday and will continue to worry until then. I have such a strong family history of cancer that it causes a little bit of paranoi in me. Hopefully it will be something simple. Thanks again for your input. It is MUCH appreciated. Hopefully it will be something simple. Thanks again for your input. It is MUCH appreciated.....Hoping for some GOOD news.

Reply to Worried gal

Want to comment?