Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2011/03/16

Lump after injury

I had a bike accident where my arm was very bruised and i had instant swelling in the bicep area. This happened 2 weeks ago, the bruising has just about gone but i still have a large lump - what do you think this could be? could i have broken it without knowing it? or do you think i may have chipped some bone? thanks

Hallo Wendy
If it is a soft swelling on the arm it could be a bleeding under the skin (hematoma). We usually leave it to resolve by itself because if you try to drain it by cutting into it, it usually gets infected and ends up as an abcess. Another cause for a lump there could be a torn biceps muscle. Has your doctor looked at it?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/16

Hallo Wendy