the neighbour dog bite my yorkie. we took her to the vet but there was no bite marks. after a few days I feel under her chin a small lump, it is bigger. is it a bite mark?, infection on what. I' m going to take her after work back to the vet.

Dear Anon

You have answered your own question.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-10-02

Don' t squeeze the thing, because if it ruptured under the skin you will be worse off.

Take a bit of liquid betadine (chemist) and use cotton wool to ' scrub'  the bump - be fairly firm about this, but obviously don' t hurt the dog.

Once it does open up, keep cleaning it with betadine (more gently, though), and use warm compresses ( a facecloth wrung out in hot water) to keep the thing draining (do this a few times a day) and then treat it with some Bactroban (chemist). That should do the trick.

If the dog becomes listless, or has a weird glazed kind of look in her eyes, then go back to the vet.

Reply to Chill

hi Chill
the vet said I must leave it until it open by itself.
I' m worried... will it to dangerous to open it self?
I was dissapointed with the help of the vet. This morning the lump was bigger...
please advice.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-10-01

Dog bites are often contaminated, resulting in infection. Specially puncture wounds, which being small and deep, heal over quite quickly, trapping the infection inside.

I think you are right to get it seen to.

Reply to Chill