Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2012-06-18

Lump

My 6 year old white Exotic female has a hardened round lump on her left shoulder. When I discovered the lump, I took her to our vet who took some fluid out of it, which he examined under the microscope and he said it was not malignent and probably an old injection site. It is now 4 months later and the lump is stil there - do I take her back to the vet or what do you suggest.

Hi Amanda

I would definitely go back to your vet and ask them to re-evaluate the situation. Can you remember you vet initially injecting at the site of the mass? If is was an injection site mass I would have expected the lesion to have disappeared.

Kind regards
Angus

3
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012-06-28

Hi Amanda

Kind regards
Angus

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Amanda | 2012-06-22

Thank you - wil do.

Reply to Amanda
Posted by: Tasha | 2012-06-18

Amanda.. just watch that the lump does not get bigger or change in any way. Sometimes animals can get fatty deposit lumps which are not malignant and it is safe to leave them be, but watch them.

Reply to Tasha