Question

Lump

Hi Doc,

Hope you can help.

Last night I discovered a painful lump in the extremities of my outer labia - about where your pubic hair stops growing.

I''m sure this is not gynaecological issue, hence me asking you, rather than the gynae doc.

Hallo Anon
It may be an infection in one of the skin (sebaceous) glands or an ingrown hair on the labia. If it is still small, see if you can treat it with Bactroban antibiotic cream. Sometimes it needs drainage as it tends to make a small abcess/pimple. If it is smaller than 5 mm and superficial you can open it with a sterile needle if it makes a yellow point (and if you can reach it!)

4
Posted by: mplerim[TSDE] | 2011/02/22

Reply to mplerim[TSDE]

Hi Dr. Bets,

Thanks for the advice, but it''s a lump underneath the skin, there''s no " head"  like with a pimple, if you know what I mean. It just feels like a lump of fat underneath the skin??

I also noticed that it shrinks...?

Again, thanks!

Posted by: Celia | 2010/11/04

Could be a cyst. Go see your Gynae.

Reply to Celia
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/04

Hallo Anon