Question
Posted by: shaz | 2008/08/11

Lump

I felt a lump on my labs neck - not sure if she has just bumped herself or can it be something else...should I wait a while or do I take her to the vet??

Dear Shaz

I bit of history like size of lump, age of dog, how long present etc would make this question possible to answer.

3
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/12

I' ve experienced that too once - if all goes well, the size will gradually reduce and the lump will soften.

But do keep an eye on it, just to be sure.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: shaz | 2008/08/12

Thanks, took her to the vet last night , she said it is a reaction from the injection she got 2 weeks earlier- she had tick bite fever - she is 2 years old, but I dont know, it is really big about size of golf ball, well , I will watch it very carefully...

Reply to shaz
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/11

If it' s a recent injury, it' ll be sore.

It could be a cyst or a tumour or a bite of some sort, or an abscess.

If it' s painful, take her to the vet - if not, watch it for a few days to see if it' s getting bigger or staying the same. If yes, take her to the vet, if it' s getting smaller, then watch till it' s gone.

Reply to Chill