Posted by: Dude | 2009-02-05

Lumbar Spine &  JOINTS

Hi Im 29yrs old, I' ve been experiencing pains on my lumbar spine after giving birth to my boy last year Feb. I can t sit on an uncomfortable chair for for long/even to stand up quickly. I' ve seen my GP he doesnt know what it is, he even book me for X-ray' s they said ,my bones are fine. My shoulder joints has just started as well, i cant lift my hand up it is painful and sometimes the pain flow to my finger bones , Do you think i' ve got athritis, rhemautic.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Dude
The lower back ache can probably be due to some injury to the ligaments during the birth process. Also remeber that you may be carrying your baby around for large parts of the day and this can cause overuse in some joints- especially shoulders and hands. If you are still worried you can have your GP refer you to a rheumatologist, but I'm sure that if you think about it you'll find that you are doing much more lifting etc. with a baby around!