Posted by: Elsabe | 2011-09-05

Lumbar spine

I had a lumbar spine fusion 3 months ago. Done by neurosurgeon and orthopedic surgeon. When I had my x ray done at 3 months the neurosurgeon said everything is fine but can you please explain to me what the following means:"  Evidence of an instrument fusion and prominent lamnectomy extending from the L4 to SI level. Alignment satisfactory with no complications Persistent anterolisthesis of L4 and L5 and to a lesser extent L5 ons S1 Stress studies show no significant instability at te level of the fusion" . I am really frightened that I will hurt my spine or the fusion.

The x-ray result shows a successful fusion of the lower back with no instability at the level of the fusion. Consult a physiotherapist for advice on exercise to strengthen the muscles in the lower back.