Question
Posted by: elmari van dyk | 2010/04/14

lug injury

my son had a injury while playing rugby. He coughed up blood. X rays were taken and he is now referred to a neurosurgeon. According to the doctor it is omething abour a blood vessel. Why a neuro one and why a surgeon? What could be wrong? my son is worried he will not be able to play rugby and that he will have to get a operation. He was pre mature and as a result has " bubbles"  on his lungs. We discovered it now with this injury.

Hallo Elmari
It sounds as if he may have lung bullae ( "bubbles" in the lung that may spontaneously burst and cause lung collapse) Wasn't he maybe referred to a thoraxic surgeon? The neuro surgeon part does not make sense unless he had a spine injury too.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/14

Hallo Elmari

Reply to cyberdoc