Question
Posted by: Mommy | 2011/10/02

Lubrication for tampons for teen

My teenage daughter has been using vaseline for a while to help her with tampon insertion.However I have told her that I do not want her to use this as " petroleum"  is a chemical and vaseline is for external use only.I have bought her KY jelly and a special lubricant for tampons etc which Dischem makes.She says that this is not as effective as the vaseline but I have said too bad,she must make do.I told her I would post a question just to make sure I am correct....

Thank you for settling this matter.

Vaseline can cause irritation and yeast infections if used vaginally, though occasional use is probably okay.

1