Posted by: Ruby | 2008-12-17

Lubricant during pregnancy

Hello Dr,
Is it ok to use ' wet'  strawberry flavour lubricant during pregnancy? And femagene intimate gel? I am 7 weeks and have used both a few times with no side effects. I am having a high risk pregnancy due to pseudohypoparathyroidism (causing low calcium due to lack of thyroid hormone, causing muscle spasms that could cause miscarriage). Would it be fine to use these products even though I am high risk? My doctor did not say that I should not have sex, but if I do have cramps, I just make sure to not orgasm (cause that cause extra painful spasms in my uterus and I asume this is dangerous and can cause miscarriage?) Thanks Dr!

It is not the orgasm that is the problem but more contact of sperm with your uterus. The lubricants should not be a problem.